To provide you with absolute assurance and confidence, SAFESHRED implements the highest security standards in the industry. We serve major healthcare, legal, medical, financial and manufacturing companieswith a record of reliability and integrity which is unmatched anywhere.
Why NAID Certification Matters
SAFESHRED is a member of the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID) certification program, which establishes industry standards for the secure destruction of paper or printed media, micro media, computer hard drives or hard drive sanitation. NAID members must also adhere to a secure destruction process including operational security, employee hiring and screening, the destruction process itself, responsible disposal and insurance.
Why does NAID certification matter? Because it’s the only way to verify that a shredding company has complied with industry security standards. Only a small percent of California shredding companies allow audits from independent oversight organizations like NAID and have achieved the AAA-Certified rating. It’s critical from a business and legal standpoint to choose a company like SAFESHRED, which is not only AAA-Certified; we exceed industry standards in everything we do. NAID auditing covers these important points:
- Unannounced audits with NAID’s trained third-party security professionals.
- Containers and vehicles are secure from unauthorized access during entire transport and destruction process.
- Once items are taken off a client’s premises, SAFESHRED maintains a 100% secure chain of custody.
- Access to materials is restricted.
- Security policies and operational procedures are specified and observed.
- All equipment is functioning properly.
- All employees pass a full background check, which also complies with Department of Defense and aerospace industry security standards.
- Screening includes a Social Security trace, a check of criminal and DMV records, and recurring drug testing.
- Every employee signs a confidentiality/nondisclosure agreement.
- Only personnel with a high security clearance will have access to the destruction area.
Learn the value of NAID certification. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXhPeQ905_k
Chain of Custody
What happens after you release your sensitive materials to us? How are you assured that there is no breach anywhere in the process of collecting, transporting and destroying these documents? This is an important aspect of SAFESHRED’s procedure: A guaranteed, 100% secure, consistent chain of custody. Once they’re in our hands, your materials are safeguarded from any compromise in security at every stage of handling:
- All vehicles are enclosed for protected transport of material and are continuously tracked using advanced GPS technology.
- All items remain in locked security containers during transfer from your location to ours, and until they are destroyed.
- Materials pass through high-capacity shredding equipment, processing up to 15 tons per hour.
- 24 closed-circuit cameras record and retain process images, which are also available online.
- We issue a Certificate of Destruction upon completion of each job, guaranteeing that your material has been destroyed beyond recognition with uncompromised security maintained at all times.
- Should you wish to witness the process of destruction for yourself, this option is available on Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to noon for a small fee.
- All SAFESHRED operations are covered by insurance.