Hard Drive Destruction: How it Works
We shred every hard drive into small fragments eliminating the possibility of any data retrieval. Erasing your hard drives does not guarantee that the information has been erased. Those who really want to retrieve data from hard drives that are still in whole form have the ability to do so with the right tools. That puts you and your company at risk. The only way to make sure your data is gone is to physically shred the drive.
It is now recognized by most IT professionals that degaussing or wiping hard drives is no longer an acceptable method for complete, secure destruction of stored data. SAFESHRED has specialized machines that shred high volumes of data storage devices, including hard drives, while fully complying with the certification standards of the National Association for Information Destruction (NAID).
- No degaussing
- No hole drilling
- Simple rate structure
- Timely destruction
- Serial number list recorded of each drive prior to destruction, with a copy to you at no additional charge
- Certificate of destruction provided for each project
- We recycle 100% of all hard drives we destroy
- Total compliance with Heath Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws
- High-capacity equipment allows several hundred units to be destroyed at a time
- Businesses or individuals / pickup or deliver
- Entire process is certified by NAID, regarded as the most secure process available for hard drive destruction
Did you know? The NSA and most U.S. government department security standards mandate that hard drives containing any data must be physically destroyed – no other method is acceptable.
Media Destruction Services
With over 15 years of experience, SAFESHRED is the leader in destruction of hard drives, CDs, DVDs, DAT or DRT tapes and all sensitive media. We make it impossible to retrieve data from your materials. Doing it yourself is not secure! Let us protect your interests through utter destruction.
We can destroy the following media units:
Items that should be destroyed for compliance:
- CDs and Disk Drives
- Copier Hard Drives
- Computer Hard Drives
- Computer Backups
- Cassette Tapes
We can pick up your products, you can ship them to us, or you may drop them off at our convenient facility.
- SAFESHRED will issue a Certificate of Destruction for each project. The Certificate will provide detailed information regarding the date of destruction and type and quantity of each item destroyed.
- SAFESHRED provides Asset Tracking Services by recording the serial number of each hard drive prior to completing the destruction of the units. A copy of the serial number list is provided to the client with the Certificate of Destruction.
- SAFESHRED recycles 100% of all hard drives, microfilm, microfiche, X-rays and MRIs that we destroy.
- We ensure compliance with Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) disposal rules, HIPAA, SEC Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FDA safety regulations, the Bank Secrecy Act, the PCI Data Destruction Act, federal, local and state laws and regulations by having a documented end-of-life procedure in place. SAFESHRED can help with this process.
- We handle everything. Collection, transport, destruction, disposal, chain of custody and certification of destruction.
- A picture CD of the entire process is available at no additional charge to you.
- SAFESHRED makes every attempt to recycle the end product of any of the product we destroy, but security is the first priority for our clients.