Disneyland Hotel and Resort, Anaheim – 3/30/2012-4/1/2012
Our newest employee, Amy Miyamoto, was ecstatic about attending her first ever National Association of Information Destruction (NAID) conference. She came back smiling ear to ear and loaded with an industry’s worth of information. Keynote presentations and seminars we attended include:
- The Importance of Good Software by Andrews Software
- Ultra Networking 2.0
- Sales Workshop with Jeffrey Gitomer
- Guerilla Public Relations for Secure Destruction Companies by Susan Ratliff
- Objections Overruled: The Launch of the NAID Marketing Program for Legal Offices
- Social Intelligence: Current Best Practices in the Effective Social Media by Secure Destruction Services by Jeff Green, AccuShred
- You are the Logo by Tom Adams
- NAID TONIGHT with host Ray Barry
- Maximize Your Collection Efficiencies by ALL Source Security Container
- The Electronic Cowboy: How to Separate Your Company from the Herd in B2B Electronic Recycling with panelists Joe Harford, Dag Adamson, Andrew Portare
One of the things we pride ourselves in at SAFESHRED is finding sustainable solutions for our product destruction service. We don’t just focus on processing materials; we proactively look for new ways to keep destroyed products from going to landfills.
Earlier this year, First Step Fitness contacted us with a very interesting challenge. They needed 1,000 lbs. of shredded clothing to fill muay thai bags for their new fitness classes. Their initial attempt to shred 500 lbs. of clothing with scissors took up too much time, and ended up causing sore hands – so they came to us for a solution. The timing was impeccable, since another client needed to have 500 lbs. of apparel shredded as well. By recycling materials for use in a different operation, we were able to keep those items from going to the landfill. We love finding creative ways to recycle discarded products!